Sunday, October 7, 2012

Youthquake 2012

The music fills the atmosphere
Even the air we breathe has a vibe
The flashing lights, the speakers' boom
It all makes me feel alive
The drums become my heartbeat
Pumping to the rhythm of every sound
I'm standing on the bass
Because it has become the ground
The keyboard became my blood
It's flowing through my veins
The guitar became my skin
Electric and acoustic, all the same
Then the voices, oh the voices
Hundreds, thousands, tons
All lifted up and praising God
Each and every one
These voices have become the air
Filling me up with breath and life
These voices intermingled, woven
Praising the Lord on high
(by Lindsey)

Hi there everyone, just wanted to take a moment and share my experiences at Youthquake 2012. Youthquake is a Christian music festival held annually in Cullman, Alabama. I had the privilege to attend yesterday and see some awesome performances from artists such as Willet, Humble TIP, Bread of Stone, Da T.R.U.T.H, Disciple, Family Force 5, Generation Band, and Switchfoot as well as a powerful message delivered by Josh Kimes of Hillsong New York. It was an incredible experience full of worship, praise, music, and people getting saved by the dozens. Throughout the whole duration of the festival, I began to realize that when God sees us do things like this in which we join together to sing and glorify Him, whether it by the few or the thousands, I can imagine that He feels His heart swell with joy. In Matthew chapter 18 verse 20, Jesus says, "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." This verse rang true for me last night because God's presence was evident at the event. I'm so thankful to have gone to and experienced such a great festival!
(P.S. The photo included is one that I took of Switchfoot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment